I don't see why there is such a need to brag and be so over confident about something. Have you ever heard of the saying "You pay peanuts, you get peanuts"? Personally, I think it is some kind of a stupid saying that people should not even consider in life.
Just what has happened to the equality among the people in this country? Since when was there a division between the rich and the poor, and the middle ones being the mediator between both worlds?
Since when was there such a thing as "I've got the money, I only own the branded and expensive goods" and "I have no money, I can't afford anything great". It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, living in a 4 room flat or a huge bungalow, there should never be a point of time when one is demoralised and extinguished from world isn't it. What is the point of being rich when your heart is so black and you are so selfish, you only think about yourself and not the ones surrounding you, the ones who needs it more that you do. You throw your money everywhere just because you have it. What about those unfortunate people who worked twice as hard but still don't get much. Shouldn't they be considered as well?
I may not be making any sense, and this may not have any direction, but I'm just so sick and tired of these kinds of people existing in the world, or a small country like Singapore. This is simply outrageous, and I'm appalled, by the way.
I am not proud of who she is, or who she has become. It couldn't have been the way she was brought up, because the three of us are nothing like her. Nothing. No similarity, or share anything of the same frequency. Maybe it was influence, but it can't be. Because her friends are not selfish, and not as proud and boastful as she. I still wonder where in hell does the inheritance of being proud as a peacock comes from, really.
"I'll pass my driver's license even before you are able to take them," she says. Well, she has said it to many. But the aftermath? She has not passed after the 6th attempt. My cousins (both!) have been holding their license for close to a year, and the other, even more than that. "I am so smart, my intelligence is highly questionable," but then again, it took her 8 frigging years to finally graduate from the university and get her stupid degree, in English! She earns for herself, and still she's depending on the folks (and other times on my ageing grandmother) yet she has never given a single cent to repay them.
I've learnt a valuable lesson from her, and that I have to give her some credit. Because if you put your heads up high too much, then you'll never be able to see what's in front of you, and you'll trip and fall, and in a way, the embarrassment is far too much as compared to the normal rate.
There is no space for selfish people and their selfish acts in this world. There shouldn't be.